Philosophy, Aspiration, Vision, Mission, Objectives
International College of Mekong Region (ICMR)
International College of Mekong Region is an institution under the administration of Chiang Rai Rajabhat University, and its responsibility has extended to a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external. Pursuant to these responsibilities, International College of Mekong Region is committed to provide high quality teaching, learning and research training environment to its current students. It extends the opportunities to study and research the historical and cultural diversities of the ethnic groups co-existed within the region throughout the centuries. International College of Mekong Region is located in Chiangrai province – the upper northern part of Thailand. As located among the Greater Mekong Sub-region countries, the International College of Mekong Region has taken advantage of unique geographic attributes and cultural setting for building capacity of local populations and community organizations and institutions, while promoting mutual understanding and recognition of the diverse ways of life and cultural differences among people in the Upper Greater Mekong Sub-region countries in the context of the world development perspectives.
International College of Mekong Region will be the leading academic institution providing the high quality educational standard which enable the learners to make good use derived from the learning experiences in leading and maintaining their life quality.
International College of Mekong Region will focus on management of international programs covering a wide range of academic, research and development in corresponding to needs of the countries which enhancing the collaborated efforts among academic institutions within the country and extend linkages to the international organizations to create mutual understanding and peaceful living in the region.
International College of Mekong Region is the unit of academic to strive for standards of excellence to be a learning centre for creating and inventing a new body of knowledge internationally that learners from the multi-cultural environment in ASEAN Economic Community and Upper Greater Mekong Sub region could work and exchange such learning experiences.
International College of Mekong Region’s Mission is to promote cooperation throughout the ASEAN Economic Community and Greater Mekong Sub–region as follows:
1) Facilitating international programs in Social Sciences, Business Management, Tourism, Education, Sciences and Technology, Aeronautical Science, Ethnicity and Peace Studies.
2) Expanding the role in research and development, community services and exchange of learning experiences in the international context through affiliation and relationship building.
3) Strengthening partnership and establishing networks with ethnic groups in Thailand and the Greater Mekong Sub-region countries.
4) Bridging knowledge networks among universities and institutions in Thailand and overseas.
Within the socio-economic, political and cultural working contexts with people from cultural diversity, the International College of Mekong Region’s objectives aim toward the development direction in the following:
1) To be the academic institution in managing teaching, training, research, social services, arts and cultural conservation through cooperation and exchanging resources within trust and relationship among ASEAN and the Greater Mekong Sub-region countries.
2) To be the international academic institution in managing teaching and learning in social sciences, business administration, tourism, education, science and technology, aeronautical science, and languages in the Greater Mekong Sub-region as an important foundation for life quality improvement, trade and investment, and human resource development, communication and transportation, natural resource and environment development.
3) To be the international academic institution in managing teaching and learning in ethnicity and peace study as the basis for supporting friendly cooperation and living in harmony with peace among people in the region.
4) To be the international academic institution leading to academic cooperation among universities in creating and inventing the body of knowledge internationally for exchanging the learned experiences among scholars, researchers, and educators in the region and overseas.